SD Engineering was founded in 1990 for the purpose of evaluating existing
residential foundations throughout the San Diego area and designing repairs for
Gary Sniffin is SD Engineer’s’ principal engineer and holds both Civil and
Mechanical Engineering registrations with the State of California.
Gary’s previous engineering experiences include serving as the Assistant City Engineer for the City of Dover, New Hampshire followed by 20 years experience as an officer in the US Navy Civil Engineer Corps.
While serving as an engineer in the Navy, he worked extensively in the following areas:
- In-shore facility construction, inspection, operation, maintenance, and repair.
- Awarded and administered numerous architect/engineer service contracts
- Specialized in-house staff of design professionals.
- Conducted design reviews of scores of projects, including a $100 million operational and community support expansion.
- Awarded and administered numerous construction and repair contracts.
- Operated and maintained community facilities including 600 buildings, 170 miles of roads, and 250 miles of utilities.
After retiring from the Navy in 1989, Gary entered the home inspection profession with DeBerry Inspection Services and soon thereafter founded SD Engineering.
Professional qualifications include:
California Registered Civil Engineer (C29710)
California Registered Mechanical Engineer (M19170)
Certified CREIA Inspector (over 14,000 inspections)